Undertaking for the training and integration of young people
8th edition of the Student Career Forum I Schœlcher Campus
The 8th edition of the Student Career Forum, initiated by the University of French Antilles and GBH, was held on Wednesday 26 September 2018 at the Schœlcher Campus. This initiative aims to facilitate experience and skills sharing between company managers and students for improved professional integration.
This forum is for university, EGC (business school), BTS (advanced vocational diploma), IUT (Polytechnic) and preparatory class students.
The aim is to create interactive meetings between students, teachers and business executives to provide students with practical information on different professions, how to enter them and career prospects.
The theme for the 2018 Forum will be how to prepare for an interview, a crucial stage in the employment process, either for an internship or a job.
Thematic conference 8:45 a.m.–9:30 a.m.
- • After the opening speeches at 8 a.m., the forum will start with a conference: “The key to successful interviewing; how to stand out” led by
Yannick Plante, Chief Executive at Alizés RH, a consultancy firm that is established in the overseas territories.
Career workshops 9:45 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- • To acquire a better understanding of their training courses and careers, throughout the morning students will be able to participate in various career workshops held by teachers with the support of professionals.
Company stands, information and guidance 9:45 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- • Contact-Entreprises will be carrying out mock interviews on the theme “How to make a good impression in your first contact with a company” and will offer advice on interpersonal skills and non-verbal communication. This year, Contact-Entreprises will be offering students the opportunity to create a one-minute video CV. Each candidate will then be sent their video CV, which they will then be able to send to recruiters and publish on professional social networks.
- • Students will also have the opportunity to talk to managers and human resource officers either directly at the company stands or in an individual interview.
- • At the stands, they will also be able information for them on how to start a business and about working overseas.